The Astor House
New York, New York
130 East 8oth Street is a 5 story Neo-Classic townhouse designed by Mott B. Schmidt in 1927 for Vincent Astor of NY’s prominent Astor family.
Acquired by the non-profit NY Junior League as their headquarters in 1947, the building received landmark designation in 1967 and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
MHA is currently working with NYJL and NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission in the restoration of roof and façade elements and in preserving original interior finishes.